One of the things that I try to do is to get outside, especially during these short winter days. Getting outside not only helps your circadian rhythm, but it also helps to make the all important vitamin D that so many Americans are desperately lacking. I also wholly and fully believe that my preschooler behaves better when given the chance to run outside. I am also better behaved as it gives me a chance to soak up the sunshine and increase my dopamine and serotonin levels.
There is a new park open in Fort Collins and so why not check it out? It is called Twin Silos park. We give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars – I would give it 5 stars, but there is not a lot of mature tree shade with places to picnic, but give it 20 years and the trees will provide plenty of shade.
- Awesome playground
- Bathrooms are close to the playground
- Good parking
- Dog Park
- Cool creek to splash around in and even islands to cross too.
- Not a lot of shade, except for the playground pavilion, and that only has 2 picnic tables.
- Playground spaces are tight and hard for adults to navigate.
- Will be popular and crowded
- Already looks like there needs to be repairs to the stainless steel cable netting.
- Waits for the big slides.